It’s been a long while since I last uploaded a blog post. Well, I hope all is well with you, dear reader.
I’m taking a short pause from my now jampacked, busy schedule to bring you my reads for November. Of course, this bibliophile remains bookish at heart so this monthly check-in is kind of a routine for me already, which is great, by the way, since I miss writing.
I don’t have a lot of extra time this month, but I’m happy to still be able to finish a few good reads. As you can see, I have two books from one of my favorite authors, Christina Lauren. These are heartfelt, well-written novels, by the way. I enjoyed them so much.
Well, let me be clear in saying that I enjoyed all of my reads this month. I started the month with Fredrik Backman’s A Man Called Ove and I was blown away instantly. I had to take some time to process the heartbreak I felt reading about Ove’s story. So I decided to pick up Christina Lauren’s Love and Other Words, which also took my breath away. Elliot is now one of my favorite book characters, definitely at the top of my list.
Then I kept seeing Casey McQuiston’s books online so I said to myself: It must be a sign, why not give her a try. So I got my copy of Red, White & Royal Blue and read about Alex and Henry’s budding romance. The book’s longer than I expected, but full of witty dialogues and humorous scenes.
After that, a user commented on my Instagram booklist profile (@kristinesbooklist) to read Christina Lauren’s In A Holidaze. I always have a good reading experience with a CLo novel, so it’s definitely a recommendation I welcome. So, I did. And reading the novel made me more aware that Christmas season is coming, really soon.
And, lastly, I’ve been going over my digital bookshelf to see what I should read next and got curious about Sonia Hartl’s Heartbreak for Hire. It’s not my favorite, to be frank, but it’s still an entertaining read.
That’s it. Again, here’s a quick rundown of my reads for this month, with links to book reviews.
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- link to book review: https://kristinecambay.com/2021/11/04/a-man-called-ove-by-fredrik-backman/
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
- link to book review: https://kristinecambay.com/2021/11/11/love-and-other-words-by-christina-lauren/
- Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- link to book review: https://kristinecambay.com/2021/11/14/red-white-royal-blue-by-casey-mcquiston/
- In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren
- link to book review: https://kristinecambay.com/2021/11/17/in-a-holidaze-by-christina-lauren/
- Heartbreak for Hire by Sonia Hartl
- [Current Read] Secrets and Lies by Brooke Blaine & Ella Frank (newly released last November 29, 2021, now available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited)
Please give my book reviews a read, if you have time. I pour my heart and energy into writing those.
Ohhh! I also got books this month. I’ll share them with you next time. 🙂
Stay safe, everyone!